Jill is the slice of home baked pie you long for. Her dad was a farmer. His dad was a farmer. On a hot summer day Jill would call me up to go floating down the canal or ride the slick rocks with the stream into a barely thawed pool of water. She's also the girl I called one day when I was bored and offered to drive two hours and try out this new thing called "Bungee Jumping." We did although I can't remember why . The first year after my college graduation I found myself particularly low on pride. First of all, I was a college graduate working as a sales clerk. Too late I discovered that a bachelors degree in sociology is equal to a high school diploma and, in some cases, a G.E.D. and got you hired at JC Penney trying to upsale with a colorful scarf. On top of it, I'd been dumped. It wasn't that he was the love of my life. In fact, it was quite the opposite. He started planning the wedding aloud and I freaked out, pointing out that we'd only bee...
In another 17 years, won't you be, like, in your 80's? Happy Anniversary! And I'm sure the mention of me and how I brought you together will be in the next post. So I won't throw a fit about THAT.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that picture!
Do you mean the story about how you told him to call some girl named Michelle and your husband told him to call me? This is where you and I snicker about the inside joke that made itself known about three years later. At least your ex-husband did one thing right.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Nancy on 17 years. There will always be twists and turns in marriage. At least it's not boring right? You are a handsome couple and have a lot going for you. Here's to another 17. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Nancy! And congratulations! You are such a great couple!
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful portrait of the Salt Lake temple. Congrats on the 17 years!
ReplyDeleteI read your second to last sentence wrong. I read twists and 'tums.' I actually think that might be more appropriate.
ReplyDelete