Skip to main content

A Game of Clue


My 9 year old son asked me to play Clue. He set up the game and we started to play. Our two figures made their way around the board while the Captain (my now 4 year old) took the other figures and played with them. As my older son and I guessed who committed the heinous crime (whatever the crime was), it came to my attention that other crimes were being committed by the other non-players of the game. In fact, my person disappeared into the criminal mess. Miss Scarlet ended up with a revolver in her hands. Mr. Green had the wrench. Miss Scarlet shot Mr. Green in the heart. In indignation, Mr. Green chopped off Miss Scarlet's head. This scene continued at the hands of my young and, apparently, violent little 4 year old.

"Mommy!" Miss Scarlet exclaimed.
"Come here, I'll take care of it for you," Mr. Green replied.
"You chopped off my head," said Miss Scarlet.
"No, I didn't," replied Mr. Green, "I'm your father. I'll fix your head."
Just then, Mrs. White appeared. "Come here, sweetie," she said.
"You're not my mother. You're my grandma but I will come with you."
"Did your daddy chop off your head?" asked Mrs. White.
"What's going on in here?" asked Professor Plum.
"AHHHHHH!" they all screamed in unison. Each player grabbed a weapon and attacked Professor Plum. They chopped him and tied him up, smacked him with a wrench, shot him, and otherwise mutilated him.
"Why did you do that?" asked Professor Plum, "I am your uncle."

This went on while my 9 year old and I tried in earnest to solve the crime. In the end, Mrs. White did it with the rope in the kitchen. It didn't really matter, though. All the players were involved in much more heinous crimes just off the board. It was the most exciting and brutal game of Clue I've ever witnessed.

Comments

  1. I love Clue, but I have never had a game as exciting as that one. Maybe I am playing it wrong.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, you are too funny and have a great way with words. It's never boring at your house is it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braces!

13 year old got braces today! She also had a little helper on her.

I am being published!

I know! It just reeks of excitement, doesn't it?  I know what you are thinking. "Who would publish that woman's thoughts?" The answer is a lovely little outfit called www.blog2print.com. In other words, I haven't been discovered. I am no closer to being a published author than I was yesterday EXCEPT that by Christmas I will be the proud owner of my very own blog book! I know. It's a little anticlimactic but here's the cool part. My friend, Becki, found me entertaining and directed me to a blog called www.josikilpack.blogspot.com.  She posted a little coupon code for 20% off which was supposed to end last week. Apparently, the code is still good and I saved $14. That said, you know it isn't exactly the cheapest way to get published but it's the best price I could find on publishing my blog!  And it requires very little technical know-how.  And that, my friends, tickles my heart. And, for a small price of your integrity and dignity, I will share the ...

The Pretender

Sadly, our photographer was unaware that the focal point of this picture was not supposed to be our bellybuttons. Imagine me with the top of my head, and you have the Fabulous Four, so named by me, just now. What can I say about these ladies besides they are amazing and I cherish their friendship? Kristy, the one on the far right owns a dance studio. She is the catalyst of the Fab Four. She decided to open her studio again, a few years after having her second child and I signed my girls up as soon as they could walk. While there, I found an adult class and, after two years of contemplating, decided to try it out. It was hard.  It  hurt. But I would dream I could fly after every class. Kristy's second child was diagnosed with  Epidermolysis bullosa , a rare, painful, and often eventually fatal skin disease. As her daughter's skin blistered upon touch, bled and peeled off, Kristy pulled up herself up by her bootstraps and created clothing that didn't damage her daughter's...