Skip to main content

Oreo Cookies

I made a shocking discovery today. Costco sells Oreo cookies. That's right, folks! Costco, the mega-super-mama-of all-mama stores sells Oreos. Somewhere in the vast recesses of the store that sells in increments of nothing less than a two ton truck, between the packages of 256 rolls of toilet paper and pallets of eggs, I found a large, and beautiful box of Oreo cookies. It was HUGE! It had ten rolls of oreos packaged beautifully within a very large box. I wondered if we could eat all of them. Before finishing that thought, I remembered that we had gone through all 24 eggs we had since Thursday morning. Oh, garbage bags are running low. Out of the container of 200 I'd bought two weeks ago, we had only 23. Come to think of it, laundry detergent had a coupon and the beautiful tub that advertises "7987 loads" was almost empty at home.

As I mused at the way my family really is a family of consumers, I decided to take a risk and buy that box of Oreos even if we couldn't eat all of the cookies before they went rancid. To give them a head start, I ate a few on my two mile ride back home.

I neatly polished off one of the ten rolls.

Comments

  1. that is awesome... i'll be heading to costco today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give blood at least twice a year
    just because after I am done, they give me a little pack of Oreos. (Pathetic huh?) They are my favorite cookie and I cannot buy them or I will eat EVERY single one in a day. They are like a drug to me. I saw the ones at Costco and walked quickly past them. If you have a couple left that are getting stale and you don't want to throw them out, throw them my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The very cool thing about Oreos is that they have changed the kind of fat in them, so they won't clog your arteries. Guilt Free Oreos--that's what I'm talking about!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny. I could totally piture it. By the way you totally made we need!! Yes need !! A oreo right now. Gotta go I'm off to Costco!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I come to your house for a Sunday night snack. I can help take care of the box.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braces!

13 year old got braces today! She also had a little helper on her.

I am being published!

I know! It just reeks of excitement, doesn't it?  I know what you are thinking. "Who would publish that woman's thoughts?" The answer is a lovely little outfit called www.blog2print.com. In other words, I haven't been discovered. I am no closer to being a published author than I was yesterday EXCEPT that by Christmas I will be the proud owner of my very own blog book! I know. It's a little anticlimactic but here's the cool part. My friend, Becki, found me entertaining and directed me to a blog called www.josikilpack.blogspot.com.  She posted a little coupon code for 20% off which was supposed to end last week. Apparently, the code is still good and I saved $14. That said, you know it isn't exactly the cheapest way to get published but it's the best price I could find on publishing my blog!  And it requires very little technical know-how.  And that, my friends, tickles my heart. And, for a small price of your integrity and dignity, I will share the ...

The Pretender

Sadly, our photographer was unaware that the focal point of this picture was not supposed to be our bellybuttons. Imagine me with the top of my head, and you have the Fabulous Four, so named by me, just now. What can I say about these ladies besides they are amazing and I cherish their friendship? Kristy, the one on the far right owns a dance studio. She is the catalyst of the Fab Four. She decided to open her studio again, a few years after having her second child and I signed my girls up as soon as they could walk. While there, I found an adult class and, after two years of contemplating, decided to try it out. It was hard.  It  hurt. But I would dream I could fly after every class. Kristy's second child was diagnosed with  Epidermolysis bullosa , a rare, painful, and often eventually fatal skin disease. As her daughter's skin blistered upon touch, bled and peeled off, Kristy pulled up herself up by her bootstraps and created clothing that didn't damage her daughter's...