Skip to main content

Public Notice

Dear friends, neighbors, enemies, and people I don't know:

Understand that it all started out very innocently. I planned my garden carefully. Everything had a place and plenty of room. Within my planning, I included three spaghetti squash plants, two yellow squash and two zucchini. Out of the 7 plants, two came up and they weren't my beloved spaghetti squash.

This year we have added two grow boxes to the south side of the house. One of which we brought in a garden mix of soil and I planted neat little rows of seeds. The other was left untouched. All I saw was dirt. So I started pushing squash seeds into it. I don't even know what kind they are. When they came up, I transplanted them so they would have room to grow. I also noticed I had two squash plants (pumpkins, perhaps?) growing in the main garden that I hadn't planted. Apparently, I had also dropped a seed in the dirt outside the grow boxes and it's coming up as a squash plant, too.

Last count, I have 16 squash plants.

If you are definitely opposed to squash, please lock your minivan doors at church. If I really don't like you, I will still leave them on your doorstep. If I do like you, I will leave them on your doorstep. If I don't know you and you have an inviting looking house, I will leave them on your doorstep. If you find a spaghetti squash in the mix, it didn't come from me.

You have been warned.





And then there was the bean misunderstanding...


Comments

  1. Where do you live? I'll take 2 bags! And thanks for following me-you just made my month, and it's only the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a grow box in the backyard too. But all I grew were weeds.

    Maybe in my next life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love squash and eat it everyday. So, you can send it to me and I really will eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your squash pain.

    I think you can see ours on Google Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are eating squash in a variety of "forms" right now!! It is a good thing that I love them!! I took pictures last night of our garden it is a MONSTROSITY!! I love it!

    PS: Beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha! I just planted out my 15 courgette (pr zucchini to you, over there in the US) plants today! We're going to be force feeding the neighbours for the whole of the summer.

    And hello - I found you through your introduction message on Cjane's blogfrog forum. I have four children, and too many vegetable plants too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have five kinds of squash planted, a few plants of each kind (oh dear). I think we'll have to give away the pumpkins, but I'm going to enjoy the zucchini, spaghetti, acorn, butternut and pie pumpkins. I have a great recipe to go with spaghetti squash if you want a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you and all your neighbours might be spending some time browsing web sites like this...!

    http://www.squashrecipes.net/

    Shame I'm all the way Down Under so I can't offer to take any off your hands. I bought my first ever zucchini in the supermarket this week because my 11 year old found a recipe for a cake with them in. She was only joking and is very unimpressed with me for actually buying them. Wait till we make it this weekend and I force her to eat it. I'll tell her it could be worse... It could be a squash cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wished I lived by you I would leave my doors and windows open to accept your squash. Our poor squash plants keep getting the dreaded squash bug and its just sad. We could even swap your squash for some of my tomatoes. Craig love tomatoes and we have 9 plants. By September I'm up to my eyeballs in tomatoes.
    By the way have I told you that you crack me up. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braces!

13 year old got braces today! She also had a little helper on her.

I am being published!

I know! It just reeks of excitement, doesn't it?  I know what you are thinking. "Who would publish that woman's thoughts?" The answer is a lovely little outfit called www.blog2print.com. In other words, I haven't been discovered. I am no closer to being a published author than I was yesterday EXCEPT that by Christmas I will be the proud owner of my very own blog book! I know. It's a little anticlimactic but here's the cool part. My friend, Becki, found me entertaining and directed me to a blog called www.josikilpack.blogspot.com.  She posted a little coupon code for 20% off which was supposed to end last week. Apparently, the code is still good and I saved $14. That said, you know it isn't exactly the cheapest way to get published but it's the best price I could find on publishing my blog!  And it requires very little technical know-how.  And that, my friends, tickles my heart. And, for a small price of your integrity and dignity, I will share the ...

The Pretender

Sadly, our photographer was unaware that the focal point of this picture was not supposed to be our bellybuttons. Imagine me with the top of my head, and you have the Fabulous Four, so named by me, just now. What can I say about these ladies besides they are amazing and I cherish their friendship? Kristy, the one on the far right owns a dance studio. She is the catalyst of the Fab Four. She decided to open her studio again, a few years after having her second child and I signed my girls up as soon as they could walk. While there, I found an adult class and, after two years of contemplating, decided to try it out. It was hard.  It  hurt. But I would dream I could fly after every class. Kristy's second child was diagnosed with  Epidermolysis bullosa , a rare, painful, and often eventually fatal skin disease. As her daughter's skin blistered upon touch, bled and peeled off, Kristy pulled up herself up by her bootstraps and created clothing that didn't damage her daughter's...