Skip to main content

Distraction

"Mom!" my four year old yelled at me as he ran excitedly upstairs, "There's a movie on downstairs and I gotta show it to you really quick!"

I had just comfortably seated myself at the clean table, eaten the non-creamy half of an Oreo cookie, and was poised to enjoy the best part when my son insistently pulled on my hand over and over again.

"C'mon, Mom! I want you to see this movie downstairs really quick!"

He was so insistent and doggedly persistent, I knew I wouldn't be able to just sit and enjoy my little slice of heaven.

Lo and behold, he saw my creamy sided Oreo, grabbed it and ran.

Should I be happy I can still sit and enjoy my reprieve or should I grieve because I just lost the best part of my slice of heaven?

Comments

  1. I'd be so sad to lose the creamy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole point of eating one side of the cookie is so you can enjoy the creamy side with less cookie. The fact that you got robbed is tragic. However, I think I would be more annoyed that your child thinks he can make you do what he wants by stealing the cookie from you. I hope my own family never figures that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have car keys and hopefully, some money...go to the store by yourself and get yourself a whole pack of heaven.

    And eat it in the car, savoring each little slice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My understanding of this parenting gig is that you don't get the frosting side of the cookie again until they go to college. Then you relinquish it again when they move back in at 35 with their 3 kids during a "tough transition period."

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should get in the car, drive to costco and get the HUGE box of oreos, return home, and hide them in your closet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braces!

13 year old got braces today! She also had a little helper on her.

They Call Me Grace

I was nearly 8 years old when my baby sister was born. This was quite fortunate since I was well adept at reading. I was tired of my name. Nancy. So plain. The Sunday comics included a comic strip called Nancy. She hung out with her stupid little boyfriend named Russell, was very boring and cried all the time. Why would parents who love their child name her such a boring name? I assumed they had run out of originality by this point. I was, after all, their third child. There was Mike, then Suzy, after me they had Joey (short for Joanne) and finally Jene Marie. The "j" a soft French slur. It was fitting. We had a French surname. But clearly Jene Marie was their crowning glory. Do I hate for taking all the love from my parents and hogging it for herself? Of course not. She's my sister. She's my baby sister. But if I happen to feel the need to speak to her when she's at work, I always ask for her by using both names; Jene Marie (with the schwa). I don't want her...

I am being published!

I know! It just reeks of excitement, doesn't it?  I know what you are thinking. "Who would publish that woman's thoughts?" The answer is a lovely little outfit called www.blog2print.com. In other words, I haven't been discovered. I am no closer to being a published author than I was yesterday EXCEPT that by Christmas I will be the proud owner of my very own blog book! I know. It's a little anticlimactic but here's the cool part. My friend, Becki, found me entertaining and directed me to a blog called www.josikilpack.blogspot.com.  She posted a little coupon code for 20% off which was supposed to end last week. Apparently, the code is still good and I saved $14. That said, you know it isn't exactly the cheapest way to get published but it's the best price I could find on publishing my blog!  And it requires very little technical know-how.  And that, my friends, tickles my heart. And, for a small price of your integrity and dignity, I will share the ...