Skip to main content

A Blog I Stalk (but not in a creepy way)

I didn't want to be this person but I'm going to have to admit it.

I really care about my blogging friends. Non-bloggers don't get this connection. I follow their lives, their ups and downs, their tragedies and triumphs. Sometimes they know I'm stalking them. Other times it's probably just down right creepy. (You know who you are. I love commenting on your clever, witty, or moving posts).

One day I went to the printer at work and found a downloaded copy of sheet music by some musician named Paul Cardall. Not knowing anything about him, I searched some of his music, played it, and enjoyed his style immensely. Truth is, I'm kind of a sucker for piano.

A few months ago there was an unfortunate incident in a small town in Southern Utah where a man with a mental illness was having an episode and he ended up being tasered; once while standing and again while he was down and died. Incredibly tragic. His name was Brian Cardall and he is the son of a prominent personality in Utah, Dwayne Cardall.

It was at this time that I made the connection. This is the younger brother of the musician I had admired all these years. I had already been following Paul's blog and was completely hooked. Paul suffers from a rare heart condition and has endured many surgeries to fix it. Those have only been temporary fixes but gave him the time to create amazing and touching music that speaks to the soul. He married his sweetheart and they are parents of a beautiful little girl named Eden. His blogspot is named "Living For Eden."

So after 37 years, his heart was giving out. He's been living in a hospital in Salt Lake for the past couple of months and the mood didn't sound optimistic, although he exudes peace and love for our God and His Son. Reading his blog is a visceral experience. So moving, I've had to stop checking it so often because it made me cry. He seemed to be saying goodbye and I just couldn't stand it.

Every time I see he's posted, I dread checking it. He was clearly dying and I completely love the man, the musician, the woman he married, and his beautiful daughter.

So here is a post from September 10th.

I highly suggest spending time looking around the site. There are some wonderful gems.

I have to admit that I was guilty of breaking into sobs reading the post today by his wife. The post that announced that Paul got a new heart.

I hope I am not speaking too soon, but sometimes there are happy continuations of life.

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this. This is a beautifully written post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also stalked this blog. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you for telling us he's alive. I wasn't going to read it 'cause I thought he had died.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it the truth that those who don't own their lives live like they have nothing to loose ...

    .... us normal pleebs, don't get how wash and wear our lives really are and fearfully tiptoe through life in a plastic bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the link to the blog, I will have to spend some time reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braces!

13 year old got braces today! She also had a little helper on her.

I am being published!

I know! It just reeks of excitement, doesn't it?  I know what you are thinking. "Who would publish that woman's thoughts?" The answer is a lovely little outfit called www.blog2print.com. In other words, I haven't been discovered. I am no closer to being a published author than I was yesterday EXCEPT that by Christmas I will be the proud owner of my very own blog book! I know. It's a little anticlimactic but here's the cool part. My friend, Becki, found me entertaining and directed me to a blog called www.josikilpack.blogspot.com.  She posted a little coupon code for 20% off which was supposed to end last week. Apparently, the code is still good and I saved $14. That said, you know it isn't exactly the cheapest way to get published but it's the best price I could find on publishing my blog!  And it requires very little technical know-how.  And that, my friends, tickles my heart. And, for a small price of your integrity and dignity, I will share the ...

The Pretender

Sadly, our photographer was unaware that the focal point of this picture was not supposed to be our bellybuttons. Imagine me with the top of my head, and you have the Fabulous Four, so named by me, just now. What can I say about these ladies besides they are amazing and I cherish their friendship? Kristy, the one on the far right owns a dance studio. She is the catalyst of the Fab Four. She decided to open her studio again, a few years after having her second child and I signed my girls up as soon as they could walk. While there, I found an adult class and, after two years of contemplating, decided to try it out. It was hard.  It  hurt. But I would dream I could fly after every class. Kristy's second child was diagnosed with  Epidermolysis bullosa , a rare, painful, and often eventually fatal skin disease. As her daughter's skin blistered upon touch, bled and peeled off, Kristy pulled up herself up by her bootstraps and created clothing that didn't damage her daughter's...