Skip to main content

The Big Game




Today was The Big Game. Mr. Taylor sat down to watch and enjoy. I sat through the first half then went to the bedroom. Sometime during the second half, I could hear Mr. Taylor using his condescending voice to reason with someone. I assumed it was one of the children.
Wrong!

He was reasoning to the T.V. using small, simple words and subtle arm movements.

I always find it amusing when, during a televised game, the Neanderthal fan/man jumps up and yells unintelligible words at the ref, players, or coach.
1) They can't hear him and

2) Even if they could, he is unintelligible.

Unless he is a social worker. Then he tries reasoning with the inanimate object.

When I pointed this out to Mr. Taylor he became very defensive.
"You don't know how guys act during a televised game! You've only seen me," he accused. I assured him I'd spent PLENTY of time in the company of guys and T.V.

"All the guys I watch games with do the same thing I do," he proclaimed.

"What guys?" I asked.
"Darren, Bryant, Timo, the other Darren."

"What do they do for a living?"

Long pause.

"They're psychologists and social workers."
I rest my case.

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for voting for me. :)

    I just wanted to let you know that stalkers are always welcome, just so long as they bring cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband screams at the TV. There is no quite mumbling in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it is absolutely the way all guys watch T.V. Some of them reason and talk to the set more than they do living, breathing human beings (like their wives!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny! Watched the game also, but with OU fans... Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I did the same thing, watched the first half and then went upstairs followed by echoes of my husband's interactions with a television set.

    Men are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first time I ever yelled at the TV was last year when the Utes played Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. It was also the first time I ever sat through an entire TV aired game - I was bushed. Never again.
    Hey - how come you don't stalk me anymore?
    Sniff Sniff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braces!

13 year old got braces today! She also had a little helper on her.

I am being published!

I know! It just reeks of excitement, doesn't it?  I know what you are thinking. "Who would publish that woman's thoughts?" The answer is a lovely little outfit called www.blog2print.com. In other words, I haven't been discovered. I am no closer to being a published author than I was yesterday EXCEPT that by Christmas I will be the proud owner of my very own blog book! I know. It's a little anticlimactic but here's the cool part. My friend, Becki, found me entertaining and directed me to a blog called www.josikilpack.blogspot.com.  She posted a little coupon code for 20% off which was supposed to end last week. Apparently, the code is still good and I saved $14. That said, you know it isn't exactly the cheapest way to get published but it's the best price I could find on publishing my blog!  And it requires very little technical know-how.  And that, my friends, tickles my heart. And, for a small price of your integrity and dignity, I will share the ...

They Call Me Grace

I was nearly 8 years old when my baby sister was born. This was quite fortunate since I was well adept at reading. I was tired of my name. Nancy. So plain. The Sunday comics included a comic strip called Nancy. She hung out with her stupid little boyfriend named Russell, was very boring and cried all the time. Why would parents who love their child name her such a boring name? I assumed they had run out of originality by this point. I was, after all, their third child. There was Mike, then Suzy, after me they had Joey (short for Joanne) and finally Jene Marie. The "j" a soft French slur. It was fitting. We had a French surname. But clearly Jene Marie was their crowning glory. Do I hate for taking all the love from my parents and hogging it for herself? Of course not. She's my sister. She's my baby sister. But if I happen to feel the need to speak to her when she's at work, I always ask for her by using both names; Jene Marie (with the schwa). I don't want her...