Skip to main content

Presumed Innocent

Giveaways are so much fun.  Especially if you win.  Let's see how much fun you can have.

Rusty Sabich is chief deputy prosecuting attorney in a large mid-western city. His boss is in the midst of a bitter campaign for re-election. A fellow prosecuting attorney, Carolyn Polhemus, has been brutally murdered. Rusty is handling the investigation---and he needs results. Before election day. Before his illicit affair with Carolyn is uncovered. Election day brings a new prosecuting attorney into office. A political enemy who wants Rusty out. man whose own secret investigation has revealed Rusty's relationship with Carolyn. A man who takes Rusty off the case---and charges him with murder. Rusty now faces a long battle in court. Each side will twist the evidence to win its case, and try any procedural ploy, any courtroom trick that might ensure victory. Rusty's ordeal will uncover corruption, deceit, depravity and incompetence---and keep you spellbound. Who did kill Carolyn Polhemus?


How can you stand to not know? I can't. I've got the book right here beside me.  It's next on my list after the two I'm reading right now. Will I tell you who the murderer is in case you don't win?  I might. Then I'll probably have to tell you the ending of "Water for Elephants," too. And probably "Twilight" if you just can't get enough Edward.

So, if you want to read this book without having to buy it or run to the library, leave me a comment with your email address and you will be entered. For extra entries, grab my button on the sidebar and post it all over your own blog. Wait. I don't have a button and we're trying to keep this little contest small enough that you'd win. 

For good karma, tell me how much you want to be like me when you grow up.

Contest is open to U.S. and Canada residents only. Must have a physical address (not a P.O. Box) or I won't know how to stalk you.

Contest ends April 28th.

**A review copy was provided to me by Valerie at Hatchette Books. She understands the power of books are currency. 

Comments

  1. would love to read this one. Info@tribute-books.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I say how much I want to be like you even if I don't want the book?

    This was also made into a movie, it follows the book pretty well (for all of you who want to know 'whodunit' without reading).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be like you when I grow up (wait a minute, I believe I am older than you...but I will play anyway) because you are funny and cute and have it all together and ... alright, if I keep going, your head will swell (and I am still older than you...)

    Thanks!! Sounds fun. And unlike Kristina P, I LOVE EDWARD :-)

    (Hi Kristina P)

    l.moore.j@gmail.com
    (stalk away baby... i need stalkers!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And let's all pretend like you'll be getting around to mailing it someday.

    (Some chick in Florida made me write that.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to read this one! And of course I would lvoe to be like you when I grow up *wink*

    couponmomma2010 at hotmail dot ocm
    http://giveawayblogdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braces!

13 year old got braces today! She also had a little helper on her.

I am being published!

I know! It just reeks of excitement, doesn't it?  I know what you are thinking. "Who would publish that woman's thoughts?" The answer is a lovely little outfit called www.blog2print.com. In other words, I haven't been discovered. I am no closer to being a published author than I was yesterday EXCEPT that by Christmas I will be the proud owner of my very own blog book! I know. It's a little anticlimactic but here's the cool part. My friend, Becki, found me entertaining and directed me to a blog called www.josikilpack.blogspot.com.  She posted a little coupon code for 20% off which was supposed to end last week. Apparently, the code is still good and I saved $14. That said, you know it isn't exactly the cheapest way to get published but it's the best price I could find on publishing my blog!  And it requires very little technical know-how.  And that, my friends, tickles my heart. And, for a small price of your integrity and dignity, I will share the ...

The Pretender

Sadly, our photographer was unaware that the focal point of this picture was not supposed to be our bellybuttons. Imagine me with the top of my head, and you have the Fabulous Four, so named by me, just now. What can I say about these ladies besides they are amazing and I cherish their friendship? Kristy, the one on the far right owns a dance studio. She is the catalyst of the Fab Four. She decided to open her studio again, a few years after having her second child and I signed my girls up as soon as they could walk. While there, I found an adult class and, after two years of contemplating, decided to try it out. It was hard.  It  hurt. But I would dream I could fly after every class. Kristy's second child was diagnosed with  Epidermolysis bullosa , a rare, painful, and often eventually fatal skin disease. As her daughter's skin blistered upon touch, bled and peeled off, Kristy pulled up herself up by her bootstraps and created clothing that didn't damage her daughter's...