Skip to main content

Cancer Sucks (but we can still laugh)

One of the many t shirts declaring war on breast cancer.
A confident dog.

This man feels very comfortable about his manliness or very strongly about boobs. Either way, Bravo!

Turn your head to the side.
See it?
It reads: Of course they're fake. 
The real ones tried to kill me.


One of these things is not like the other. 
One of these things gets put in a box every night.
I did not take a picture of my mother's boobs.
That would just be weird.
{Maybe just one little picture}
The cancer survivor is Misty, the blonde. I used to babysit her when she was 3. She found her lump shortly after she stopped breastfeeding her 4th child. She was 32.
Misty with her former college roommates.
The one on the left is my sister.

Go get your mammogram! It's the best time you'll have all year!











{I'm lying. But go do it anyway}
Lisa. I hear you. You're in my head. Knock it off.

Comments

  1. Great post. I love the tee shirts and it's a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I like about your blog? How I can be crying about one thing you wrote and then laughing about another. Great sense of humor even with the serious stuff. I like that about you. I'm turning 32 this year and I'm thinking I need a good time. ;)

    Taken out of context that just doesn't look good does it? Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post - even better reminder. Loving the t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the humor. My husband would love those bulldogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the creativity of people and their ability to find humor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like being in your head. It's pretty.
    So does that mean you got yours?
    I just got another one on Monday because it's so awesome... You?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My step sister is 34 and engaged to be married the first time this summer. She found a lump, had a biopsy, then a lumpectomy. However, they ended up to a radical masectomy and then some, it had gone into her lymph nodes. She now gets chemo and radiation, and a hopeful chance at a very young age. I thing I'd rather have my boobs squished than go through all that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-day in San Diego. This post has some funny stuff in it--I love the t-shirts. AND I just got an idea about what to wear......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braces!

13 year old got braces today! She also had a little helper on her.

I am being published!

I know! It just reeks of excitement, doesn't it?  I know what you are thinking. "Who would publish that woman's thoughts?" The answer is a lovely little outfit called www.blog2print.com. In other words, I haven't been discovered. I am no closer to being a published author than I was yesterday EXCEPT that by Christmas I will be the proud owner of my very own blog book! I know. It's a little anticlimactic but here's the cool part. My friend, Becki, found me entertaining and directed me to a blog called www.josikilpack.blogspot.com.  She posted a little coupon code for 20% off which was supposed to end last week. Apparently, the code is still good and I saved $14. That said, you know it isn't exactly the cheapest way to get published but it's the best price I could find on publishing my blog!  And it requires very little technical know-how.  And that, my friends, tickles my heart. And, for a small price of your integrity and dignity, I will share the ...

The Pretender

Sadly, our photographer was unaware that the focal point of this picture was not supposed to be our bellybuttons. Imagine me with the top of my head, and you have the Fabulous Four, so named by me, just now. What can I say about these ladies besides they are amazing and I cherish their friendship? Kristy, the one on the far right owns a dance studio. She is the catalyst of the Fab Four. She decided to open her studio again, a few years after having her second child and I signed my girls up as soon as they could walk. While there, I found an adult class and, after two years of contemplating, decided to try it out. It was hard.  It  hurt. But I would dream I could fly after every class. Kristy's second child was diagnosed with  Epidermolysis bullosa , a rare, painful, and often eventually fatal skin disease. As her daughter's skin blistered upon touch, bled and peeled off, Kristy pulled up herself up by her bootstraps and created clothing that didn't damage her daughter's...