Skip to main content

I Can't Come to the Door Right Now

Kitchen bar stools are used for everything at our house.  Throw a few quilts over them, you have a clubhouse.  Line them up, there's a spaceship or train.  Put a 3 year old on one, and it becomes just the right height for her to fall and break her collar bone.  

It's a desk.  It's a table.  It's a museum.  It's a cage, although not effective for the dog. Photobucket
At least the dog can still crawl through.

Think I can teach her to answer the door?

Comments

  1. I think you have just happened upon a glorious new excuse to do nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The age when a couple chairs and a blanket can entertain for hours is a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If she could just grow that opposable thumb - all your problems would be solved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious if you speak from experience about three year old collar bones?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braces!

13 year old got braces today! She also had a little helper on her.

I am being published!

I know! It just reeks of excitement, doesn't it?  I know what you are thinking. "Who would publish that woman's thoughts?" The answer is a lovely little outfit called www.blog2print.com. In other words, I haven't been discovered. I am no closer to being a published author than I was yesterday EXCEPT that by Christmas I will be the proud owner of my very own blog book! I know. It's a little anticlimactic but here's the cool part. My friend, Becki, found me entertaining and directed me to a blog called www.josikilpack.blogspot.com.  She posted a little coupon code for 20% off which was supposed to end last week. Apparently, the code is still good and I saved $14. That said, you know it isn't exactly the cheapest way to get published but it's the best price I could find on publishing my blog!  And it requires very little technical know-how.  And that, my friends, tickles my heart. And, for a small price of your integrity and dignity, I will share the ...

They Call Me Grace

I was nearly 8 years old when my baby sister was born. This was quite fortunate since I was well adept at reading. I was tired of my name. Nancy. So plain. The Sunday comics included a comic strip called Nancy. She hung out with her stupid little boyfriend named Russell, was very boring and cried all the time. Why would parents who love their child name her such a boring name? I assumed they had run out of originality by this point. I was, after all, their third child. There was Mike, then Suzy, after me they had Joey (short for Joanne) and finally Jene Marie. The "j" a soft French slur. It was fitting. We had a French surname. But clearly Jene Marie was their crowning glory. Do I hate for taking all the love from my parents and hogging it for herself? Of course not. She's my sister. She's my baby sister. But if I happen to feel the need to speak to her when she's at work, I always ask for her by using both names; Jene Marie (with the schwa). I don't want her...