Skip to main content

Thanksgiving Post



Mama's Losin' It

This week I thought it would be nice to take part in Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. With writer's prompts, I decided to just show you in pictures my response to #2.) Share a photo of what Thanksgiving looks like in your neck of the woods.
 
Oh, yeah.  These are pictures from last Thanksgiving at my house.


What?!  It could happen.

Really.  It could.  Especially if you picture the boy in stripes is not laughing but burping.  Yep.  That's my house.

Comments

  1. That's funny. Those old Norman Rockwell pictures are very cute, but I think quite different from most people's lives these days.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    stopping by from mama kat's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those photos...very clever...love Norman Rockwell.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wonder what planet Rockwell was living on.

    At least you had dinner at your home, or someone's home right? That's a step up from us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahha! I wanna see the real pictures now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, a few days late :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braces!

13 year old got braces today! She also had a little helper on her.

I am being published!

I know! It just reeks of excitement, doesn't it?  I know what you are thinking. "Who would publish that woman's thoughts?" The answer is a lovely little outfit called www.blog2print.com. In other words, I haven't been discovered. I am no closer to being a published author than I was yesterday EXCEPT that by Christmas I will be the proud owner of my very own blog book! I know. It's a little anticlimactic but here's the cool part. My friend, Becki, found me entertaining and directed me to a blog called www.josikilpack.blogspot.com.  She posted a little coupon code for 20% off which was supposed to end last week. Apparently, the code is still good and I saved $14. That said, you know it isn't exactly the cheapest way to get published but it's the best price I could find on publishing my blog!  And it requires very little technical know-how.  And that, my friends, tickles my heart. And, for a small price of your integrity and dignity, I will share the ...

The Pretender

Sadly, our photographer was unaware that the focal point of this picture was not supposed to be our bellybuttons. Imagine me with the top of my head, and you have the Fabulous Four, so named by me, just now. What can I say about these ladies besides they are amazing and I cherish their friendship? Kristy, the one on the far right owns a dance studio. She is the catalyst of the Fab Four. She decided to open her studio again, a few years after having her second child and I signed my girls up as soon as they could walk. While there, I found an adult class and, after two years of contemplating, decided to try it out. It was hard.  It  hurt. But I would dream I could fly after every class. Kristy's second child was diagnosed with  Epidermolysis bullosa , a rare, painful, and often eventually fatal skin disease. As her daughter's skin blistered upon touch, bled and peeled off, Kristy pulled up herself up by her bootstraps and created clothing that didn't damage her daughter's...