Skip to main content

The Difference Between Blog Friends and Real Life Friends


  1. Real friends know me better than blog friends.
  2. Blog friends don't really care how I am. (Evidence: My 3 Texas blog friends sent prayers and dinner gift cards when Scott had brain surgery. My Australian blog friend sent a heart felt email to check how I really was. My neighbor friends brought me dinner and stepped up for carpool)
  3. Blog friends aren't REAL friends. They are imaginary.
  4. Blog friends become real friends without ever meeting face to face.
  5. Real life friends don't care about my chickens. Most of them mock me. 
  6. Blog friends drive clear from Texas and bring their whole family over to meet the chickens and play with my kids. They dig for worms in the garden, too. And they enjoy it, too.
  7. Blog friends have never seen my house in disarray.
  8. Blog friends don't think I'm neurotic. There is no evidence to support this.
One blog friend crossed the barrier (or state lines). Scott is now semi-convinced I am not making my friends up (not that there's any shame in that). But we've been friends for years.


Comments

  1. I have met some amazing ladies through blogging! Yay for Blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My non-blogging friends think I am a bit crazy striking up online friendships. They still think you might be Dave the hairy Australian truck driver from Woolongong...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you lived in Vermont or New Hampshire, I'd drive up to meet your chickens... just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your chickens! And your webisodes, your kids, your house, and you! It was fun to see that you are exactly how I pictured you. Now of course you are never safe because I know where you live!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braces!

13 year old got braces today! She also had a little helper on her.

I am being published!

I know! It just reeks of excitement, doesn't it?  I know what you are thinking. "Who would publish that woman's thoughts?" The answer is a lovely little outfit called www.blog2print.com. In other words, I haven't been discovered. I am no closer to being a published author than I was yesterday EXCEPT that by Christmas I will be the proud owner of my very own blog book! I know. It's a little anticlimactic but here's the cool part. My friend, Becki, found me entertaining and directed me to a blog called www.josikilpack.blogspot.com.  She posted a little coupon code for 20% off which was supposed to end last week. Apparently, the code is still good and I saved $14. That said, you know it isn't exactly the cheapest way to get published but it's the best price I could find on publishing my blog!  And it requires very little technical know-how.  And that, my friends, tickles my heart. And, for a small price of your integrity and dignity, I will share the ...

They Call Me Grace

I was nearly 8 years old when my baby sister was born. This was quite fortunate since I was well adept at reading. I was tired of my name. Nancy. So plain. The Sunday comics included a comic strip called Nancy. She hung out with her stupid little boyfriend named Russell, was very boring and cried all the time. Why would parents who love their child name her such a boring name? I assumed they had run out of originality by this point. I was, after all, their third child. There was Mike, then Suzy, after me they had Joey (short for Joanne) and finally Jene Marie. The "j" a soft French slur. It was fitting. We had a French surname. But clearly Jene Marie was their crowning glory. Do I hate for taking all the love from my parents and hogging it for herself? Of course not. She's my sister. She's my baby sister. But if I happen to feel the need to speak to her when she's at work, I always ask for her by using both names; Jene Marie (with the schwa). I don't want her...